Making music and selling it online has never been easier than before for indie artists. Thanks to digital music stores, streaming services, and music distribution platforms. But creating music takes time and care, so it is important to carefully select the platform you, as an artist, will use to distribute your music.
We are going to share with you some easy steps to sell music online.
- Create your music: It all starts with a single song. Once you have mastered your piece, record it. And you can get started with either a single or an album.
- Find a music distribution platform: Although there are not a lot of online music distribution platforms out there, it should not be difficult to select one, to sign up with. And here are a few things that you should keep into consideration:
- Join a platform that offers a suite of services such as music distribution, promotional services, in-depth reporting and analysis, fans management system, and music mastering services. This will make the whole music distribution process easier.
- Educate yourself on their fees and make sure that there are no hidden payments after signing up.
- Create an account: Once you have selected a convenient music distribution platform, all you have to do is create an account.
- Upload your music, pick a cover art, and select your stores: Upload your track (single or an album) that you would like to distribute. Add the release details (Artist or band name, song name, etc.). Select a cover art (poster image of the song). And finally, enjoy global exposure on Spotify, iTunes/Apple Music, Gaana, Jiosaavn, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Wynk, Hangama, and many more such platforms. After this, the music distributor will send your release to all of the stores and streaming services globally.
- Get paid: Every time someone streams or downloads your music, you will get paid. And the digital music distribution platform will put your money directly into your account.
Now wherever you are in the world, you can gain access to this extensive network of digital music stores and suite of services with the music distribution platform, Deliver My Tune. The platform’s list of services extends to music distribution, promotional services, sales and marketing insights, fanbase management system, and mastering services. DMT will help you sell music online easily and in the most hassle-free way. Sign up now!