No matter what end of the musical spectrum you fall on, Spotify is a great service for indie artists everywhere. So whether you are into instrumental, inspirational, pop, soul, alternative rock, classical, or even jazz, Spotify is the #1 platform to get your new music discovered and streamed.
Note: It is essential for emerging artists to not only have their music on digital stores and streaming services but also to take action on the platform like promoting and connecting with your fans, which requires you to make a plan after releasing your music.
Now, here are some easy steps on how to get your music on Spotify.
- Sign up for a Deliver My Tune (DMT) account to distribute your music on Spotify.
- From the DMT platform, select the type of release you want to get on Spotify: single or album.
- Upload your music and cover art to put your songs.
- Get your music on Spotify once it’s been approved by DMT.
- Get your account verified with Spotify for Artists.
- Claim and customize your profile.
- Customize your profile picture
- Edit your artist bio
- Feature or share playlists from your profile
- Pin your artist’s pick, be it an album, playlist, or song to the top of your profile
- Send a request to promote your music.
- View analytics, including streaming and sales reports.
- And finally, have a look at how much royalties you have made.
Tip: It is preferable to submit your music at least 3-4 weeks ahead of the release date to make sure that each of the above steps takes it time before the music goes live.
You can easily get your music on Spotify through music aggregators. All you need to do is create an account, upload your release in a few easy steps, we at Deliver My Tune will make sure it is formatted correctly, et voila! Your music will be live for global streaming in a couple of days.